CES is a big event. In person, trying to navigate the Las Vegas Convention Center — not to mention the many off-site parties and events — is an exercise unto itself. For those following along at home, it's easy to get lost in a sea of CES and CES-related blog posts, Twitter and Facebook handles and video streams.
We've compiled a list of a quick and easy ways to follow CES 2013 online, from the comfort of your home or office.
Hashtags and Official Social Media Outlets
The official hashtag for CES 2013 is #2013CES. Although the CEA is trying to get all news organizations and visitors to use that tag, plenty of people will also use the standard #CES on Twitter and other social media sties.
You can also follow the official CES social media accounts:
Twitter - @IntlCES
Facebook - International CES
Google+ - +InternationalCES
YouTube - CESontheTube
Instagram - IntlCES
Live Streams on CES
The biggest news at CES typically takes place during keynotes and press conferences. Even if you can't attend in person, you can still view many of the press conferences and keynotes live online.
- On Monday, Jan. 7, Panasonic will start its press conference at 10:00 a.m. PST/ 1:00 p.m. ET and you can stream it online here. Panasonic will also be live-streaming footage from its booth throughout the show.
- Samsung will be streaming its CES press conference at 2:00 p.m. PST/5:00 p.m. ET on Monday, Jan. 7 at its CES online hub. On Wednesday, Jan. 9, President Bill Clinton will make remarks at Samsung's keynote event at 9:00 a.m. PST. You can watch the live stream here.
- Sony will live stream its CES press conference at 5 p.m. PST/8:00 p.m. ET on Jan. 7 from its CES online hub and it has its own Ustream page set up for the event as well.
- Qualcomm's pre-show keynote on Jan. 7 at 6:30 p.m. PST/9:30 p.m. ET is also going to be live streamed. This is the first time Microsoft hasn't kicked off CES since 1999, by the way. If you want to tune in, you can do so on Qualcomm's website.
- Kickstarter favorite Pebble will be at CES and is live streaming its press conference on Jan. 9 at 9:00 a.m. PT/12:00 p.m. ET from Getpebble.com. Pebble managed to crowdfund more than $10 million for its smartphone watch companion and is just one of many Kickstarter companies that will be on the ground at CES 2013.
News from mashable